Thursday, April 1, 2010

Comments from Students


When I started taking classes in the clay sculpture curriculum program, after years of great fun and learning in CCCC’s continuing education program, I never imagined how much I would learn nor how incredibly rewarding the experience would be!  Working toward the diploma has given me a level of confidence in my throwing I didn’t think possible, but it has also pushed me to explore new skills (making shelves in tool-making, the chemistry of glaze formulation, and hand-building among others), and shaped my self-concept as an artist, rather than as someone who dabbles in clay.  The design and marketing classes have also been invaluable as I’m working to build my pottery business. 

Despite the many late nights when I questioned the sanity of taking night classes 40 minutes from home, and the sometimes daunting physical challenges involved with the firings, I found that if you give your best effort to this program, you will be amazed at the rewards that will come back to you!  The friendships forged (it truly feels like a family!), and the fantastic instructors have made this journey so worthwhile!!  I’m looking forward to what is in store for the coming year!

Libba Adams

"The CCCC sculpture program has given me the knowledge and skills that I need to create both sculpture and paintings. More important, the teachers at CCCC continuously challenge me to be even more creative and productive. I greatly value the colleagues that I have found in the students and staff at CCCC."
Forrest C. Greenslade, PhD

"CCCC's Ceramic and Metal Sculpture Program has been a gateway to my career as an artist. I will never forget the teachers and students that were such a joy to learn and work with. When I graduated from the program I felt confident and motivated to do what I really want to do - art. Trust me when I say that CCCC is so worth the drive! :)"
Jennifer

"It rocks!"
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment